Search This Blog

Friday 5 March 2010

I'm Back

Well it's been 3 weeks since my last post and my apologies for my absence. Allot has happened in the last few weeks and that has had to take priority.

Last night was the first time in a month I managed to roll my guard out to take part in the friendly league my regular gaming dudes are playing in and what a showing they gave!!! Brad emailed me a new army list he thought might go down a storm and I thought I'd give it a bash. Up-to now I've only build armies around the models I have and the list he sent me included some tasty, tasty figures I'd never used before.

Lord Commissar (with power weapon)
Guardsman Marbo (what a guy!!)
2 x Vet squads in Chimera (3x Melta Guns per squad)
1 x Vet squad in Chimera (3 x Plasma Gun)
2 x Demolisher's
1 x Basilisk
3 x Vendetta Gunships (with heavy Bolter Sponson)

All in all about 1500 points

The list works well, very well. I fought Neils Ork List and I thought I'd lost really early on at the beginning of turn 2 but massed fire power, pie plates and Guardsman Marbo stopped the Horde and then Vendettas knocked out all the really nasty threats out or stopped them coming at me early in the game (a huge sigh of relief that the battle wagon with the death roller spent 4 turns immobilised). It also helped that every chimera he assaulted exploded killing huge numbers of his own boys squads!!.
I wish I'd taken my camera and done a battle report but maybe next time or Neil will do one with a bit of luck.

Someone asked for a tutorial on how I did the heavy weapon teams and I've started it but I'm having to move home so it's going be a little longer (then you can improve on it and put mine to shame).

Cheers for reading

Rick



No comments:

Post a Comment