Search This Blog

Thursday 18 August 2011


Battle Report 18/08/2011

Black Templar s V`s Orks 1850 points


Today a mate of mine came over bringing his 3 battle-wagon Ork list wanting to take on my Black Templar list, set up was Dawn of war, Annihilation.

The lists

Black Templar

Marshall In terminator Armour, Adamantite Mantle, Storm Shield, Chain fist.
Emperors champion, Accept any challenge no matter the odds (vow).
Sword Brethren Terminator Assault Squad, 4 Lightning Claws and 6 Thunder hammer.
Sword Brethren Terminator Squad, 2 Cylcone launchers, 3 Power fists.
Sword Brethren Terminator Squad, 2 Cylcone launchers, 3 Power fists.
Crusader Squad, 4 x Bolt pistol, 1 Lascannon, Rhino (Smoke Launchers)
Crusader Squad, 4 x Bolt pistol, 1 Lascannon, Rhino (Smoke Launchers)
Crusader Squad, 4 x Boltgun, 1 Lascannon.
Landspeeder Typhoon.
Landspeeder Typhoon.

The Stinking Orks

Ghazghkull Thraka
Big mek
Meganobz x4 (battlewagon with deff Rolla)
Nobz x 6 ( Painboy, battlewagon with deff Rolla)
`Ardboyz X11 with Nob with Powerclaw (truck)
Boyz x 20 with Nob with Powerclaw
Battlewagon with Deffrolla
Gretchin x 10 with Runtherder
Rocket buggyz x 3
Rocket buggyz x 3
Deff Dread

Large buildings dominated the centre of the board with hills in each corner and craters running through both the deployment zones.

I won deployment and chose to position a Crusader squad on a hill on my left flank and to bring everything else on turn one except for the 2 crusader squads in their Rhinos which went into reserve.. My opponent deployed a Deff Dread on my right flank and and Gazgul Thraka with his mega Nobz in a building on my left straddling the half way line, an attempt to seize the initiative failed leaving me with the first turn.

I move a Terminator squad and a Crusader squad on my left flank , the Sword Brethren Assault squad with the Marshal and the Emperors Champion directly opposite Gaz and accompanying Nobsz with the intention of steam rolling the centre and forcing his wagons to disgorge his orks and deal with them or be dealt with. On the right of the Assault Termies I moved the second Sword Brethren Cyclone squad up onto a slight hill where they could see the Deff Dread through cover. On my extreme right I deployed the two Typhoons hoping to tempt some of his army to come over and deal with them and away from the bulk of my army. Most of my army managed to unload into Gaz and his mates doing nothing but one of my Typhoons fired a salvo of missiles into the Dred which exploded in impressive style.

Neils Orks move up over the field towards the half way line smoke poring from inefficient promethium burning combustion engines, just about everything moving flat out . Gaz and his mates moved through the building towards my line.

Turn 2 was the main event for me, after some firing that killed a couple of rocket buggys and did not much else I assaulted Gaz with The Marshall and his squad and in neils turn he fed a wagon full of boys into the ensuing melee once the dust settled I was down 5 terminators and the Emperors champoin and I wiped out a squad of boys and Gaz and his mates. after turn 2 I was up 4 killpoints to 1.


Turn 3 - After some firing from my typhoons wiped out a unit of war buggies and my cyclones and other anti tank fire. Two of his deff rolaz tanked shocked the marshall and his unit who FAILED their moral and ran away!!!

Turn 4 - One of the battle wagons tank shocked the unit of cyclones on my right flank and exploded when a Sword Brother punched a hole in the engine and made it explode and the second battle wagon full of Nobs tried to run over the Marshall who hit the fuel tank with his chain fist making that one explode too and as it moved flat out the Nobs inside died a horrid squishy death. On my left the Cyclones killed the truck with the Hard boyz in it the assaulted the contents leaving the Nob running for his life having killed 2 Brothers. The Crusader squad on the right fired its lascannon and killed the last battlewagon. at the end of turn 4 Neil conceded the game and I had won 14 kill points - 1.

Conclusion

I got lucky with neils deployment, Had he not deployed so far forward I would not have been able to get into him so early on. He didn't put enough into the Assault terminators to deal with them early on. His attack came in fragmented and I was able to pick apart his attack with my shooting. I think I played well this game with makes a nice change and I was lucky with some of the dice rolling (although Neil made 9 2+ saves on Gaz on turn 2). Neil is a first class opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment