Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Blog Wars 2 take 2

Black Templars High Marshal Helbrecht

Well, the list I had decided on for Blog Wars 2 has fallen flat, Bloody Games Workshop have made Grimaldus mail order only, and I couldn't take the risk of him not turning up.

So I the list I sent to Alex was the same one I took to Onslaught, and I wasn't happy with it.

So after a second trip to GW I picked up a Helbrecht mini up and submitted a different list in the hope Alex would kindly let me change the army I ran now it included a special character and he agreed.

So...the list I am going to run is a variation of the Grimaldus list;

HQ: Grand Marshall Helbrecht

HQ: 1 Marshal, Chain Fist, Storm Shield, Terminator Armour, Adamantine Mantle

Emperor's Champion, Accept Any Challenge

Elite: Sword Brethren Terminator Assault Squad
4 Terminator with Lightning Claws, Crusader Seals
5 Terminator with Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Crusader Seals
Furious Charge

Elite: Sword Brethren Terminator Squad
3 Terminator
1 Terminator with Cyclone Missile Launcher, Chain fist
1 Terminator with Cyclone Missile Launcher
Tank Hunter

Elite: Sword Brethren Terminator Squad
3 Terminator
1 Terminator with Cyclone Missile Launcher, Chain fist
1 Terminator with Cyclone Missile Launcher
Tank Hunter

Troops: Crusader Squad
4 Initiate with Bolt Pistol and CCW
1 Initiate with Lascannon

Troops: Crusader Squad
4 Initiate with Bolt Pistol and CCW
1 Initiate with Lascannon

Troops: Crusader Squad
4 Initiate with Bolt Pistol and CCW
1 Initiate with Lascannon

Basically Ive swapped Grim out for Helbrecht. Not too exciting but i feel better for having a special character in the list again to keep in with the spirit of the tournament.

I can hide him in with the terminators letting them absorb the bulk of the fire as the rush towards the enemy, Helbrecht kicks out alot of attacks but only at S4 which is a shame, still he should hold up well.

I managed to get a start on him tonight and I have to say hI'm finding him a bit of a pig to paint. I have never really liked painting metalics and I want him to be the propper colours so I shall have to persevere.

Only 3 full days untill I get to play what I hope will be some fun games. I will let you know how I got on and how well or badly I did.

Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. pretty scary list. solid scoring on top of a very hard hitting centre, and only 8 kill points. of course, 8 S9 missiles a turn are nothing to sniff at either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the main problem is mobility, the Marshal has a homer on him so I might be able to get him into position then drop the big termie squad in but the potential to loose the whole squad until turn 3-4 is quite high.

    Thanks for the reply

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty solid. I've never played against BT before so I hope we end up getting a game.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ from the Fang, I just hope I dont get mauled lol

    ReplyDelete